09 November 2017
Answers to Quiz
Do you know? Answers
1. He had to live in exile for twelve years because of his involvement with the socialist uprising in Dresden in May 1849
2. ‘Don’t cry for me, for I go where music is born’
3. A yankee is effectively 11 bets based on four choices and accordingly the stake is 11 times that for a single bet. An example would be naming four horses to win their races. You then have 6 bets that two of your choices will win (1st and 2nd races, 1st and 3rd races and so on), 4 bets that three of your choices will win ( 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 1st, 3rd and 4th and so on) and 1 bet that all your choices will win. It spreads risk.
4. His wife, Nadezha Alliluyeva, committed suicide after a row in public with Stalin over collectivisation
5. An entirely new species of ape, called the Tapanuli orangutan, has been discovers in Sumatra and immediately listed as endangered