20 December 2018
Christmas Quiz 2018
- The Greek island of Skyros. He died of sepsis on his way to Gallipoli in 1915.
- The Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris, where his grave is a tourist attraction.
- The Windrush scandal about the treatment of immigrants from the Commonwealth. She resigned after misleading Parliament about deportation targets during the debate on the issue.
- Recreational cannabis.
- A Dance to the Music of Time by Anthony Powell.
- They are both teetotallers.
- Claire Foy.
- It is estimated that 72,000 people died in the US from drug overdoses in 2017 of which 49,000 were opioid addicts.
- The British in an attempt to over-turn the nationalisation of the previously UK owned and very valuable Anglo-Iranian Oil Company and the Americans because they felt that there was risk he would turn towards Soviet Russia .
- Fox hunting – in ‘Handley Cross’ and other books by Surtees and ‘Memoirs of a Fox -Hunting Man’ by Sassoon.
- T S Eliot in ‘Mr Eliot’s Sunday Morning Service’.
- Extendable ladders capable of reaching the top floors.
- Sir Simon Rattle.
- The cryptocurrency, Bitcoin.
- The Heathrow third runway.
- A permit under the European Travel Information and Authorisation System to be introduced in January 2021. The fee for a 3 year one is to be €7.
- A Mongol Khan, a grandson of Genghis Khan and brother of Kublai Khan, who conquered Persia and captured Baghdad in 1258.
- They both gave birth.